Monday, May 5, 2014

Summer, Summer, Summer Time

It's summertime and that means fresh, light, and easy cooking. Summer also means bbq'ing and picnics, two of my favorite summertime happenings. However, since moving to NY, I have been unable to have a BBQ due to the fact that I live in apt without a balcony (with the current NY weather not sure when picnics will resume). And since I gave away my grill before I moved…I have to improvise. I made my own BBQ-esque picnic inside.

On the menu today we have kale salad, hot dogs and "grilled" corn. Hillstone and/or Houston's has this amazing kale salad with roasted peanut dressing (their veggie burger and house salad are also quite delish!) that I have to get every time I go. And since eating out is not always feasible. I had to learn how to make it at home. I found what I thought might be close recipe, Kale Salad with Peanut dressing.  And it was pretty good, the only thing I added was a tablespoon of peanut butter for added flavor. Enjoy!


Peanuts and parmesan
Kale, Cliantro, and Mint
Kale Salad with Peanut Dressing (with peanuts and parmesan)
Vegetarian Hot Dogs, Worthington, Big Franks
In my grilling pan (a lifesaver in a NY apt w/o balcony)
Oven-grilling for my corn
Soak in water then place in 450° oven in husks for 
15 minutes. Turn ever 5 mins.
Time to picnic and EAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment