Monday, May 5, 2014

Seitan "beef" and Broccoli

As you will start to notice I like Chinese food. And lately, I've been trying my hand at some of my favorite dishes. Today I used some of my leftover seitan (recipe later) that I had frozen a while back for beef and broccoli.

Seitan "Beef" and Broccoli

3 tbls cornstarch
2 tbls water
1/2 garlic powder
1 medium onion, sliced
1/3 cup of soy sauce
2 tbls brown sugar
1 tbls rice wine vinegar
1/2 tbls of fresh ginger
1/2 tbls agave, optional (I like mine a touch sweeter)
2 cups of broccoli

Mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, 2 tablespoons of water, and garlic powder to a bowl with Seitan.

Saute onions to release a bit of their sweetness, then add seitan.

Add remaining tablespoon of cornstarch, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, and agave. Lastly add broccoli, I add it last keep it firm and reduce overcooking.

Eat and enjoy with rice…I suggest long grain or jasmine.

No comments:

Post a Comment