Monday, June 16, 2014

Brussel Sprouts Two Ways

I can count the times I've had Brussels sprouts on one hand. So I wanted to challenge myself to get to know them more.


So I tried brussels sprouts two ways, first sautéed like I cook my cabbage and then roasted in the oven.

My sautéed brussels sprouts were hit with my husband. Two tablespoons of melted butter, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt, and 1/2 shallot. I cut brussels sprouts in half and sauté until they start to caramelize a bit.



Next I tried roasting them. I put them in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of Olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, and a sprinkle of pepper. Roasted them at 450 degrees for 15 mins, remember to turn them occasionally. Once they are out of the oven, sprinkle with rice vinegar and drizzle with honey. Sweet, sour and spicy all in one!



Definitely adding these fun little super foods to my repertoire. Until new time!








No comments:

Post a Comment