Monday, June 23, 2014

Reminiscing…Catering Dreams

I have had the chance to cater several events. And as the natural process would go, I think I get better with each one. One of favorites so far was a bridal shower May 2013. It was my first since my move to NYC. I've felt a bit stifled in my catering quest since moving here because of my small living quarters. It's hard to showcase my skills with my limited space. But in some twist of fate, my skills were requested without me even having to prove my skills. And not to toot my own horn, but I showed out! Most of the recipes were made on the spot, and were my first time attempting.

Here's what was on the menu:

Drinks:
Strawberry, Basil Water
Lemon Lime Water
Lavender Lemonade
Assorted Teas
Sparkling Cider

Main Menu:
Veggie BBQ Meatballs
Mini veggie Sliders (w/ Soy glaze, Swiss cheese, and a pickle)
Strawberry Salad (mixed greens, thinly sliced red onion, strawberries, glazed pecans (this can be on the side), and feta with raspberry vinaigrette
Fruit Salad (strawberry, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon)
Mini pumpkin sage biscuits with fried "veggie" chik'n
Spanakopita (Costco frozen)
Olive Focaccia (w/ mozzarella) with marinara dipping sauce
Stuffed Mushrooms

Here are some pictures:













I'm still working on presentation. I have the food portion down, all in due time. If I had my wish I'd cater for a living. I love the satisfaction that comes with cooking for people. And it's something I'm strongly considering as my next career choice. Who knows what the future holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment