Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Making Oatmeal Fun

When I was younger I HATED oatmeal. But once I decided to get healthier I decided to incorporate it back into my diet. And eventually brown sugar and fruit got boring. So I came up with some exciting recipes that keep my oatmeal fresh throughout the week. And I used ingredients mostly found in my pantry/fridge.


Simply cook your oatmeal like you normal do, and include these fun toppings. Recipes are based off individual servings.


Apple Crunch

1 medium-sized apple, diced
1 tbls brown sugar
1 tbls butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbls nuts of your choice

Melt butter in pan, add brown sugar and vanilla until almost caramelized. Add apples until soft. Top with nuts.


Banana Faux-Foster
1 medium-sized banana, diced
1 tbls brown sugar
1 tbls butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbls nuts of your choice
1/2 tbls bourbon, optional (if you feeling like the real deal)

Melt butter in pan, add brown sugar and vanilla until almost caramelized. Add bananas toss in sauce. Top with nuts and whip cream (or ice cream if you like)!



Oatmeal Sundae
2 tbls of chocolate chips
Drizzle of caramel sauce
Drizzle of chocolate
2 tbls nuts

Build like you would an ice cream sundae…go nuts (lol)!



Blueberry Cheesecake Crunch
1/4 cup blueberries
1 tbls cream cheese
1/2 tbls Agave nectar
2 tbls granola

Mix together cream cheese and agave, then add blueberries. Fold it into oatmeal and top with granola.


No comments:

Post a Comment